Friday, April 24, 2009

Friends and trips to the ocean

Les cinq amies supers de Laurine, aka Sophie Laure....

Aka, these are Lauren's five fabulous friends...




Amelie, Mael, Helene, Mael, Chloe et Laurine.





Hi there,

In the past few days we went to the Emerald Coast (so named because of the amazing green, azur water.) Also, we went to the Granite Coast (named for the cliffs of pink granite). Our photos are not the best, but it was absolutely spectacular...I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks everyone for your comments on the blog. Also, I only can get internet when we go for coffee at...McDonalds because it's the only place with free wifi (or the price of a coffee, soit 1,50 euros) so it's not like I can just log on whenever I'm home. Well, I know how attached I can get the my computer at home, so it's actually good that I don't have it at home. I can spend more time playing with the kids, helping them with their French workbooks, reading, cooking etc. Also, I only have an hour and a half of phone time here for the whole three months (otherwise I pay so much, I might as well use a pay phone), so that's another distraction cut way down. It's more time to enjoy France though!

I need to cut this short because I don't want to spend all morning in McDonalds. (by the way, it's the only fast food chain I've seen in France). And I know I'm going to try live writer some time soon (thanks Rachel) A la prochaine.

Also, I have no idea how to get my voice mail on my phone. I know I have one on there from you, mom, so I'm going to have to figure that out some time.

3 comments:

  1. looks beautiful - fabulous sand! a must for a good beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah!! another blog featuring Lauren as a French schoolgirl- not quite Madeline but maybe better. Annika's haircut from the back is stylish and fun. Oh how I would love to be on that beach with you. Love, M&G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic of Lauren and her friends! It looks like that little girl outside would like to be a part of the bunch. ;)

    ReplyDelete