Friday, September 18, 2009

A few random things about me

I grew up in Coquitlam, B.C., Canada, just outside of Vancouver.

I hosted a community radio show in Quebec City. It was a music show, and people called in with stuff they had to sell, and I announced their ads on the radio. That was in 1990. This was a French show and an entirely French station. I also helped produce a community affairs show there.

I taught English at Vancouver Community College.

I have not subscribed to cable with the hope that my family would read and practice music more. We do, but we still are often drawn to dvds, youtube or hulu.

I performed as a professional actor for a few years, acting in theatre, video and radio commercials.

I love Wes Anderson movies.

I homeschooled my daughter for two years for 2nd and 3rd grade.

I support local and/or organic farmers and food producers. I also believe in buying recyclable products and creatively reusing all kinds of stuff.

I worked in the video industry for a few years, doing graphics, camera, directing and producing.

I love improv theatre and would like to do more of it.

I have started two businesses (seems I start one about every ten years); one was a video and photography business and the other involved selling and creating reusable gift wrap and reusable gift tags.

I get a thrill from raising money or doing work for charities and the many deserving people suffering in our community.

Biography and Autobiography are two of my favorite genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment